Orange Banana Smoothie
- 4 large California oranges
- 2 large ripe plantain bananas, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, well-chilled
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Juice two of the oranges. Finely grate the zest of one orange, excluding the white pith. Set zest and juice aside.
- Peel the remaining two oranges. Remove bitter membranes. Using a small, sharp paring knife, make an incision from the top to the bottom of a segment. Use the tip of the knife to pull or push out the pulp (called suprême) and drop into a bowl. Repeat with the rest of the oranges and segments.
- Place plantains, suprêmes, orange zest and juice, 2/3 cup heavy cream and honey in a blender. Pulse until smooth and thoroughly pureed. Add crushed ice and pulse for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Divide smoothie between two glasses. Set aside.
- Whip remaining 1/3 cup cream until stiff. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Pipe whipped cream over smoothies and serve right away.
- You can replace orange with tangerine, blood oranges or any other not-so-bitter citrus fruits available.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: banana • banana smoothie recipes • banana smoothies • Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink recipes • drinks • Orange Banana Smoothie • Orange Banana Smoothie Recipe • orange smoothie • orange smoothie recipes • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies • Strained yogurt • Yoghurt
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!