Mocha Ice Cream
A rich, soft ice cream packed with sweet mocha flavor, without the normal caffeine!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup freshly ground decaffeinated coffee
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in two and seeds scraped free
- 5 egg yolks, beaten until creamy
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, coffee, heavy cream, brown sugar and the vanilla bean shells and seeds.
- Allow them to cook until heated but not boiling, stirring continuously. Strain off 1 cup of the cream liquid and return to the heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover with a lid and continue to simmer. Very slowly, incorporate the 1 cup of cream into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. This allows the eggs to slowly come up to the same temperature as the cream without cooking the eggs.
- Whisk the egg mixture back into the cooking cream and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and strain off the vanilla bean shells and seeds, using a wooden spoon to press the cream mixture through the strainer to ensure no lumps are present. Refrigerate overnight.
- Once chilled, pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and follow its instructions to freeze ice cream.
- ½ cup of instant decaffeinated coffee can easily be substituted for the freshly ground coffee.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • dessert recipes • Desserts • Flavor • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Mocha Ice Cream • Mocha Ice Cream Recipe • Other Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!