- 1-¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped and firmly packed
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Pour cream in a pan and set over medium heat. Allow to simmer, but not boil. Add mint leaves and cover. Turn off heat. Let stand for 12 to 15, allowing the cream to absorb flavor from mint.
- Combine bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl.
- After 15 minutes, remove lid and reheat cream until it reaches boiling point. Do not boil. Pour cream-mint mixture through a wire strainer, and over chocolate and butter. Discard the mint leaves.
- Allow cream to melt the chocolate and butter, about 15 minutes or so. If temperature had dropped, or if the chocolate is not melted through, microwave the ganache for a few seconds until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Let the ganache cool for 10 minutes in room temperature, then refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight, until firm enough to handle.
- Form chilled ganache into balls using your hands or a melon baller. You can also use a teaspoon to scoop the chocolate. Arrange in a foil-lined baking sheet and chill until firm, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt milk chocolate chips in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Dip chilled ganache balls in melted chocolate and return to foil-lined sheet. Freeze for 2 to 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- For a slight crunch, roll truffles in chopped nuts or crushed peppermint candies.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!