Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1-¾ cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thaw and drain, if using frozen blueberries)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- confectioners' sugar, sifted (for dusting)
- Line muffin cups or pans with decorative baking paper. Lightly coat with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Combine together crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter, chopped almonds and sugar in a food processor. Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined. Stir and pulse for another minute. Press mixture into the bottoms of lined muffin cups. Chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add mascarpone and continue beating for another 3 minutes, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir together lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract. Alternately beat into cream cheese mixture with confectioners’ sugar in batches. Beat well after each addition.
- Puree blueberries and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over chilled base, about ¾ full. Smoothen top with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine together blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to macerate blueberries. Set pan over medium heat and simmer blueberries. Reduce heat to low and stir in lemon zest and rum or brandy. Cook, while stirring continuously, for another 2 to 3 minutes or until thick. Remove pan from heat and allow sauce to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Once ready to serve, allow cheesecakes to thaw for about 30 minutes. Spoon blueberry sauce on top of each and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Arrange on a tray server immediately.
- If desired, replace cooked blueberry sauce with canned blueberry pie filling or topping.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • blueberry • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Cream cheese • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Mini Blueberry Cheesecake • Mini Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe • mini cheeesecake • mini cheesecake recipes • Mini Cheesecakes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!