Mini Black Forest Cheesecake
- 1 package (14 ounces) chocolate graham crackers, finely crushed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons powdered gelatin (roughly 1 and ¾ envelopes)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1-½ cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) morello cherries, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup bottled pitted cherry preserves
- fresh cherries with stems for topping
- Line muffin pans or cups with foil baking cups. Lightly mist with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine graham crumbs and melted butter. Mix well and press onto the bottom of prepared muffin pans. Chill until needed, at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and set aside for 5 minutes or so to bloom.
- Beat ricotta over medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip chilled cream until stiff and nearly doubled in volume. Fold into ricotta. Set aside.
- Beat together sour cream, kirsch, lemon juice and condensed milk. Fold in dissolved gelatin. Fold this mixture into ricotta mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in chopped dark chocolates and chopped morello cherries.
- Spoon ricotta mixture over prepared base until nearly full. Chill for 30 minutes or until just set. Top each mini cheesecake with 2 to 3 teaspoons cherry preserves and top with a stemmed fresh cherry.
- Chill mini cheesecake for 8 hours or overnight, until completely set. Serve in foil baking cup liners or unmold onto serving plates.
- To easily unmold mini cheesecake, dip a cloth in hot water and wipe along the bottom and sides of baking foil. Gently tear off foil, a portion at a time, until completely unmolded.
- Replace kirsch with some of the cherry syrup from morello cherries if you wish the recipe to be alcohol-free.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Black Forest • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Mini Black Forest Cheesecake • Mini Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe • mini cheesecake • mini cheesecake recipes • Mini Cheesecakes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!