Maple Walnut Ice Cream
This recipe creates a sweet, soft ice cream packed with maple flavor and bite sized bits of sugar coated walnuts.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 8oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan, thoroughly combine heavy cream, half and half, sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- When bubbles begin to form on the edges of the cream mixture, reduce heat and cover with a lid. In a medium skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add walnut pieces and sugar, gently stirring to coat. Toss or stir the walnut pieces around in the skillet for roughly ten minutes. This creates a sweet coating on the walnut pieces while releasing their full flavor and giving them a coating so they won’t sink to the bottom of the ice cream.
- Pour coated walnuts into the cream mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight. Pour mixture into your homemade ice cream maker and follow instructions to complete recipe.
- For a less sweet variation on this recipe, omit the butter and sugar and skip that step. Once ice cream has completed its churning in the ice cream maker, stir in the uncooked walnut pieces and enjoy!
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 27, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Dairy • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Maple Walnut Ice Cream • Maple Walnut Ice Cream Recipe • Recipes • Walnut
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!