Lemon Meringue Cookies
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated or chopped
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites with lemon extract, cream of tartar and salt, until soft peaks form.
- Divide confectioners’ sugar into 4 to 5 equal portions. Sift each portion over egg whites while continuing to beat until stiff. Fold in grated lemon zest.
- Spoon meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small star tip. Pipe mixture into a small rosette over prepared cookie sheets, beginning from the center and working your way out. Rosettes should be about 1 to 1-½-inch in diameter.
- Bake on upper rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until cookies can be easily removed from paper liner. Allow cookies to cook on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully transfer onto wire racks until completely cooled.
- Once cookies are cooled, you can also choose to spoon or pipe your favorite lemon curd recipe into the center of each, for added lemony flavor.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Holiday Cookies • lemon cookie recipes • lemon cookies • lemon desserts • lemon meringue • lemon meringue cookie recipe • Lemon Meringue Cookies • lemon meringue desserts • lemon recipes • Meringue • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!