Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 large whole eggs, room temperature
- 5 large egg yolks, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Coat bottom and interior of a 9-inch springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Line bottom and sides of pan with baking paper. Spray paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine together graham crumbs, butter, shortening and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes or so.
- Set mixer to high speed. Beat together granulated sugar, butter, whole eggs, egg yolks and salt until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, while whisking constantly, until thick and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 4 to 6 minutes. Spoon into a large, heat-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 45 to 55 minutes or until firm.
- Beat together mascarpone and cream cheese over high speed until creamy and smooth. Beat in 2 cups of cold lemon curd, mixing until well-combined. Pour into chilled crust, spreading evenly until top is smooth. Chill for 40 minutes until top is firm. Spread remaining lemon curd on top of cake, spreading to cover the entire cake top. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- When read to serve, remove sides of pan and peel off baking paper on the side of cake. Thaw in refrigerator for 45 to 60 minutes before cutting.
- Decorate top of cake with fresh berries or drizzle with warm crème anglaise, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Lemon • lemon cheesecake • lemon cheesecake recipes • lemon desserts • Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake • Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe • lemon pies • lemon recipes • lemons • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!