Lemon Jelly Cheesecake
- 2 cups butter cookies or ladyfingers, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 package lemon-flavored gelatin (about 3 teaspoons)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine together butter cookies or ladyfingers crumbs and melted shortening. Mix until well-blended. Press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Dissolve lemon-flavored gelatin in water. Allow to “bloom,” about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a pan and cook over low heat until completely dissolved. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat condensed milk until thick and creamy. Beat in softened cream cheese until well-combined and smooth. Beat in vanilla, lemon extract and gelatin mixture. Pour into chilled crust.
- Chill cheesecake at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, until set.
- Dip a thin knife in hot water and wipe until dry. Run this knife along the sides of chilled cake to loosen. Remove sides of springform pan. Dip knife once more in hot water and wipe before using to cut cake into wedges. Serve cold.
- To make the perfect wedges when slicing cheesecake, use a length of sterilized string or floss to slice. Hold each end of the string until taut. Bring both hands down onto the cake, allowing the string to cut the cheesecake layer. Use a sharp serrated knife to cut through the crust. Drizzle warm lemon curd or warmed fruit preserve over cheesecake wedges, if desired, before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Lemon • lemon cheesecake • lemon desserts • Lemon Jelly Cheesecake • lemon recipes • lemons • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!