Lemon Icebox Cheesecake
- 1-½ cups lemon cream-filled cookie sandwiches, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tubs (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-½ cups all-purpose cream, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine together lemon cream-filled cookie sandwich crumbs (including filling), butter and lemon juice. Process in a food processor until crumbly and has the consistency of a coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a saucepan. Whisk in lemon juice. Cook over low heat with constant stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter, cream and extract.
- Combine together lemon juice and gelatin in bowl. Set aside and allow to “bloom.” Pour into a pan and cook over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Set mixer to medium speed. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Beat until creamy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add all-purpose cream while beating until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in dissolved gelatin and ¼ of lemon curd. Beat over high speed until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust and smoothen. Pour remaining lemon curd on top of cheesecake into thin lines. Run a thin knife across the lemon curd lines to create a slightly marbled effect. Chill cheesecake for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, until set.
- To serve, run a thin knife along the sides of pan. Remove sides and slice before serving.
- If lemon cream-filled cookies are not available, you may also use crushed graham crackers. If desired, pipe more whipped cream along the edges of cake top and press candied strips of lemon zest on the top and sides of cake for decoration.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Lemon • lemon cheesecake • lemon cheesecake recipe • lemon cheesecake recipes • lemon desserts • Lemon Icebox Cheesecake • lemon pies • lemon recipes • lemons • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!