Lemon Drop Cookies
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 320°F. Brush cookies sheets with additional melted butter or line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolk, sugar, honey, lemon juice and zest. Gradually pour over flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat over low speed until just moistened.
- Scoop mixture, about 1-½ teaspoons each, onto prepared baking sheet, leaving a 2-inch gap between each mound of batter to allow room for expansion.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center are set. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn out on wire racks to cool completely.
- If desired, whisk together confectioners’ sugar with a few drop of fresh lemon juice and drizzle over cookies. Alternatively, sift confectioners’ sugar over cookies while still warm on wire racks.
- Store leftovers in airtight containers to prolong freshness of cookies.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • drop cookie recipes • drop cookies • Holiday Cookies • lemon cookie recipes • lemon cookies • lemon desserts • lemon drop cookie recipe • Lemon Drop Cookies • lemon recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!