Lemon Baked Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 to 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 piece (thumb-sized) fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2-inch lengths
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed 9x13-inch pan with foil. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with lemon juice. Rub the exterior of chicken with paprika and ground black pepper.
- Stuff lemon slices, ginger and lemongrass into the chicken’s cavity. Place in the center of the prepared pan. Pour wine and water around the sides of the chicken.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours, basting with wine-water mixture every 10 to 15 minutes, until juices run clear and the meatiest portions of the chicken (thighs and breasts) are done.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- If you prefer to cut chicken up before baking, you may do so. Cut down baking time to 40 to 50 minutes or until done.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baked chicken • baked chicken recipes • Chicken • chicken recipes • dinner • dinner recipes • Lemon • Lemon Baked Chicken • Lemon Baked Chicken Recipe • lemon chicken • lemon chicken recipes • meat • Poultry • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!