Italian Baked Chicken
- 8 pieces chicken breasts, skin and bones removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 package (8 ounces) dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lightly score chicken breasts with a sharp knife. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush a rimmed 9x13-inch baking pan with extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine together Parmesan cheese, Italian dressing mix and garlic powder. Dredge each chicken breast into this mixture until completely and evenly coated.
- Arrange coated chicken breasts into prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until done and juices run clear.
- Remove pan from heat and allow meat to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot with veggies or pasta.
- For even coating, place coating mixture into a heavy duty plastic bag. Place a chicken breast into the bag and shake until completely coated. Repeat with remaining chicken. You can also use a plastic container (such as Tupperware) with a tight lid.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!