Honey Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose-flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper or waxed paper. Butter paper lining, then set pans aside.
- Combine butter and honey in a bowl. Beat over medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Combine together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Sift once. Gradually add to butter-honey mixture, about ¼ to 1/3 cup at a time, mixing after each addition until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 1 to 1-½-inch balls and drop onto a plate or bowl containing granulated sugar mixed with ground almonds. Roll balls until lightly coated. Tap out any excess coating.
- Arrange balls on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten balls with fork tines, with 2- to 3-inch gaps between pieces to allow for expansion during baking.
- Bake for 6 to 8 or until cookie edges begin to brown. Remove cookie sheet from oven and gently transfer cookies onto wire racks to cool. Allow cookie sheets to cool down about 2 to 3 minutes before using again to prevent batter from melting. Replace baking paper as needed.
- Instead of using sugar and ground almonds for rolling, place balls onto cookie sheets, lightly press your thumb into the center of each ball to create a hollow. Fill with the sugar-almond mixture, about ¼ teaspoon, or more depending on the size of the hollowed indentation. Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Replace granulated sugar with confectioners’ sugar if desired, reducing quantity to 1/3 cup instead of ½ cup.
Bestselling Butter Cookies on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 5:08 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!