Honey Baked Chicken
- 12 whole chicken wings
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, scraped and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- Wash chicken wings under running water. Cut off wing tips and reserve for other recipes, such as chicken stock. Cut remainder of wings into two, separating the drummets from the mid joints. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl until well-blended. Add chicken pieces and marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush a wire rack with additional oil. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil. Place oiled wire rack into the baking pan.
- Using a pair of tongs, remove chicken pieces from marinade and arrange over wire rack. Lightly brush chicken pieces with marinade. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, basting with remaining marinade as needed. Turn chicken pieces over and continue baking for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on individual plates. Serve with a cold veggie salad and your favorite sour cream or cream cheese dip. Serve while hot.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- You can also cook any remaining marinade over low heat until nearly boiling. Add ¼ cup white wine and ¼ cup unsalted chicken stock. Thicken with ½ teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water. Continue cooking, with constant stirring, until thick. Pour over chicken pieces just before serving, or spoon into sauce boats to serve as dipping sauce.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!