Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices spice or sweet ham, cooked and drained
- 8 slices (thin) American cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped (drain any juice)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Flatten bread slices using a rolling pin. Brush one side with ½ tablespoon softened butter. Place flattened bread, butter side up, on a plate. Top with a slice of ham, followed by a slice of cheese. Top with 1 to 2 teaspoons of chopped tomato. Roll up and dip in egg white and roll in cracker crumbs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange coated bread rolls on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until exterior is golden and crisp. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- You can also use a wine bottle to flatten bread slices, or a tall can such as a mushroom soup can), if a rolling pin is not available.
- If you prefer a less salty version than the saltine crackers, use regular unseasoned breadcrumbs, or omit this ingredient entirely. Instead, use a whole beaten egg with about 1 tablespoon milk or melted butter as egg wash.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 21, 2016 7:51 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Cheese • Ham • Ham and Cheese Roll Ups • Ham and Cheese Roll Ups Recipe • Recipes • roll ups • roll ups recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!