Ham and Basil Pinwheels
- 6 slices white sandwich bread
- ¼ to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 to 8 slices spiced or sweet ham, cooked
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, well-drained
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim crusts of white bread and roll out using a rolling pin. Spread one side of flattened bread with mayonnaise. Top with a whole square of cooked ham. Spread ham with about a teaspoon of the prepared mustard and top with pickle relish. Scatter chopped basil over mustard and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Roll up as tightly as possible without squishing out the filling. Repeat with remaining bread slices and filling. If desired, chill until firm. Otherwise, slice diagonally into pinwheels. Each rolled up bread should yield 3 to 4 pinwheels. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer crispy pinwheels, brush each diagonally cut portion with melted butter. Arrange on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until exteriors are lightly browned and crispy. Serve while warm.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • appetizers • Ham and Basil Pinwheels • Ham and Basil Pinwheels Recipe • pinwheel • pinwheel recipes • pinwheels • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!