- 10 slices whole wheat bread, crusts trimmed (if desired)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces gorgonzola, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream, softened
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- snipped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Mix together melted butter and garlic. Set aside for at least 30 minutes for butter to fully absorb the garlic’s flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of each bread slice with garlic-flavored butter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. Remove from oven and cut each piece of bread into 4 triangles.
- Beat together gorgonzola, sour cream, basil, rosemary, onion powder, salt and pepper. If desired, pulse in a food processor for 30 to 45 seconds or until desired texture is achieved.
- Spread about ½ to 1 teaspoon gorgonzola mixture over each toasted triangle. If desired, garnish with snipped chives. Serve right away.
- Vegetables or fruits may also be used as base for this recipe. Obliquely slice cucumber, baby radishes or partially blanched peeled carrots into thin rounds and top with gorgonzola mixture. Slice medium-sized green apples into ¼-inch thick rounds, remove core and use as base. You may also use pears, peaches, or thinly sliced avocado wedges. However, process gorgonzola mixture until smooth as puree, if using avocado strips.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 25, 2016 8:10 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • canape • canape recipes • canapes • Gorgonzola • Gorgonzola Canapés • Gorgonzola Canapés Recipe • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!