Gooey Butter Cookies
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1-½ packages (12.5 ounces per package) yellow cake mix
- ½ to ¾ cup confectioners' sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine together cream cheese, butter and egg yolks over medium speed until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla and almond extract, beating well after the addition. Adjust speed to low and gradually beat in yellow cake mix until just combined.
- Shape batter into balls or scoop out with a mini-ice cream scoop. Drop over confectioners’ sugar and roll until coated. Tap out any excess sugar.
- Arrange balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, allowing a gap of 2 to 3 inches between each piece. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and centers are still chewy.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- You may also experiment with other cake mix flavors like chocolate and butter, however, the best substitute would be lemon cake mix.
Bestselling Butter Cookies on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 5:23 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Butter • butter cookie • butter cookies • cake mix cookies • cake mix desserts • chewy cookies • Cookie • cookies • Dessert • Desserts • Gooey Butter Cookies • soft and chewy • soft cookies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!