Goat Cheese Canapés
- 24 to 30 pieces Ritz crackers
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized ripe Roma tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine together red onion, garlic, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds. Mixture would be crushed but still coarse. Pulse for another 20 to 30 seconds if smoother consistency is desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, if preferred, to allow flavors to marry.
- Beat together goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth and evenly combined, scraping the bowl as needed. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. If desired, chill for 1 hour or until flavors are fully infused.
- Just before serving, spread about 1 to 2 teaspoons goat cheese mixture over each cracker. Top with ½ to 1 teaspoon salsa. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped chives. Serve immediately.
- You can also use bottled or jarred salsa, however, homemade salsa using fresh ingredients allow you to season according to your preferred taste. You can also add chopped pine seeds to salsa for added texture.
- Cucumber rounds or toasted white bread squares or strips can also be used as base. However, if you are feeling a little adventurous, thaw a package of frozen phyllo dough and cut into 2x2-inch squares, lightly brush with melted butter seasoned with your favorite herbs and/or spices and bake at 375°F until puffed and golden. Use as base for your canapés.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • canape • canape recipes • canapes • Cheese • Goat cheese • Goat Cheese Canapés • Goat Cheese Canapés Recipe • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!