Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons natural honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-¼ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger (or 1-¼ tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon all-spice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with baking or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft and creamy, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in light brown sugar, molasses and honey. Continue beating for another 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, until full incorporated. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, powdered (or finely grated fresh) ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice, salt and nutmeg. Sift together twice to mix well. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture in two to three additions, blending well after adding each portion.
- Brush a mini ice cream scoop or fruit baller with melted butter (or lightly coat with cooking spray). Scoop cookie dough and drop onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still chewy. Cookies will harden as they cool.
- Remove cookie sheet out of the oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cookies onto wire racks and allow to cool to room temperature. Store leftovers on lidded jars or containers to maintain crispiness.
- Makes about 24 to 30 cookies.
- If you do not have a mini ice cream scoop or large melon baller, light coat hands with cooking spray. Take a small piece of dough between both hands and roll into a small ball, about 1-inch in diameter. Once all of the dough balls are formed, arrange about 2 inches apart from each other. Continue recipe directions as stated.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • ginger cookie recipes • ginger cookies • Gluten Free • Gluten Free Ginger Cookies • Gluten Free Ginger Cookies Recipe • Gluten-free diet • Recipes • Special Diets
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!