- 3-¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- ½ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup solid shortening
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- additional granulated white sugar or sanding sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper and lightly mist with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Sift once and set aside.
- Beat together butter and shortening until well-blended and creamy. Beat in granulated white sugar and light brown sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, honey, eggs and ginger.
- Gradually fold sifted flour mixture onto butter mixture in portions until well-blended. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in additional granulated or sanding sugar. Arrange on prepared cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart, and slightly flatten with sugared fork tines.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are set and lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool in pans for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks. Leave to cool completely.
- You can choose to bake cookies at a later date. Omit sugar coating and roll dough into 2 logs and wrap snugly in plastic wrap. Freeze until needed.
- Slightly thaw frozen dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Unwrap log of dough and slice off the needed portion, about ½-inch to ¾-inch thick. Arrange on baking paper-lined cookie sheets and bake at a 350°F oven for 10 to 13 minutes. Sprinkle with sifted confectioners’ sugar while cookies are still warm. Serve warm or completely cooled.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • ginger cookie recipe • ginger cookie recipes • ginger cookies • Holiday Cookies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!