German Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut-flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Light brush a 9-inch springform pan with melted butter. Dust with sifted cocoa powder. Set pan aside.
- Combine graham crumbs, dark brown sugar, finely chopped pecans and butter until well-blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips in a microwave-resistant bowl on medium power for 1 to 2 minutes or until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add dark brown sugar, sour cream, unflavored yogurt, vanilla and rum extract, and continue beating until well-blended. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove bowl from mixer. Fold in coconut flakes and pecans. Pour mixture over pre-baked crust.
- Bake cheesecake for 10 minutes at 450°F, then reduce heat to 250°F. Continue baking cheesecake for 35 to 40 minutes without opening the oven door. Remove pan from cake and cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Once cake is completely cooled, run a thin knife or spatula along the edges of pan to loosen cake. Remove sides of pan. Chill until topping is ready.
- Place butter in a saucepan and set over low heat. Whisk until melted. Whisk in brown sugar, yogurt, corn syrup, vanilla and rum extract until smooth. Remove pan from heat. Stir in coconut flakes and chopped pecans. Allow to cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon topping over chilled cake, spreading it to evenly cover top of cake.
- Chill cake for at least 4 hours or overnight, until ready to serve. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- Serve cake with whipped cream and fresh fruit or berries.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 24, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • german chocolate • German Chocolate Cheesecake • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!