Garlic Feta Bruschetta
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced into 24 pieces
- ¼ cup fresh garlic, minced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup herbed feta cheese in olive oil, drained and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine together butter and olive oil. Generously brush on both sides of each bread slice. Arrange baguette slices onto an ungreased cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Turn off oven and leave toasted inside to keep warm.
- While baguette slices are being toasted, pour about 1 to 2 tablespoons butter-olive oil mixture into a pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant but not too browned. Add tomatoes and mushrooms. Continue booking, with constant stirring, until mushrooms are tender, but not overcooked. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and toss in basil and crumbled feta.
- Spoon mixture over toasts. Turn oven on back to 350°F. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until bruschetta are heated through and cheese had begun melting.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Alternatively, toss together garlic, tomatoes, mushroom, salt, pepper, basil and feta in about 2 tablespoons unadulterated olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Once ready to serve, toast bread. Spoon marinated mixture over toasts and drizzle with marinade (juices). Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, if desired, to heat through.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • Garlic • Garlic Feta Bruschetta • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Toast
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!