Fresh Apple Cake
- 1-¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 cups baking apples, peeled cored and diced
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- Combine together confectioners’ sugar, honey, rum and milk. Whisk until well-combined. Consistency should be thin like light cream. Chill, if desired, until needed.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Brush a 10-inch Bundt pan with some of the melted butter. Sprinkle with a little flour. Set aside.
- Combine together diced apples, chopped pecans, rum, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice. Sift once. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of this mixture over apple mixture. Toss light to coat. Set remaining sifted flour mixture aside.
- Combine together sugar, butter and egg yolks. Beat over low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes, until fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually add remaining sifted flour mixture, in three batches, beating until just moistened. Do not overbeat. Remove from mixer and fold in apple mixture. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 80 to 90 minutes or until tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle Rum-Honey Glaze over cake top. Cut into wedges before serving.
- You may also choose the drizzle glaze over individual slices just before serving, instead of drizzling over entire cake. Sprinkle with chopped bittersweet chocolate or mint-flavored chocolate.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Fresh Apple Cake • fresh apple cake recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!