French Apple Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large apples, peeled cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush a 9-inch round cake pan with butter. Line with baking paper.
- Brush paper with more butter and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, baking powder and salt. Sift once. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs until frothy and pale. Whisk in white sugar, light brown sugar, rum and vanilla. Gradually add half of the sifted dry ingredients into egg mixture. Whisk in half of the melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine together remaining flour mixture and remaining melted butter. Fold in diced apples until well-coated. Spoon into prepared pan. Pour egg mixture over apples and smoothen top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Lift cake out of pan and peel off paper.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into wedges before serving. If desired, chill cake for at least 1 hour, or serve warm.
- Serve cake wedges with a dollop of crème fraiche or a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
- To store cake, keep covered and refrigerate leftovers.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Cook • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • French Apple Cake • french apple cake recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!