English Tea Sandwiches
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- ¼ cup plain butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika, to taste
- 10 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 2/3 cup fresh watercress, coarsely chopped
- Coarsely chop the eggs. Add softened butter. Using a potato masher, mash together eggs and butter until reduced to a coarse meal. Add chives, basil, lemon zest, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix until all ingredients are blended together.
- Spread egg-butter mixture on one side of each bread slice. Place one buttered slice of bread on a plate. Top with 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped watercress. Cover with another slice, butter-side down and press lightly to adhere. Cut each sandwich diagonally to make 4 small triangles. Serve immediately.
- If desired, top watercress with a teaspoon of chopped fresh mint leaves before covering with the other bread slice. Alternately, mix the chopped mint leaves into the egg-butter mixture. Follow the rest of the steps according to the recipe.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • English Tea Sandwiches • English Tea Sandwiches Recipe • Finger • finger sandwich • finger sandwich recipes • finger sandwiches • Recipes • Sandwich • Sandwiches • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Tea • tea sandwich • tea sandwich recipes • tea sandwiches
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!