Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta
- 12 slices large eggplant, ¼ to ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 slices tomato, ¼ to ½-inch thick
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, about ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of French loaf, about ½-inch thick, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Brush each side of eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange eggplant slices on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender and browned. Remove sheet from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Top each egg plant slice with 1 basil leaf, 1 tomato slice, 1 Swiss cheese slice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheeses begin to melt.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Using a pancake turner, carefully remove each eggplant stack from pan and set over a slice of bread. Top with parsley and drizzle with red wine vinegar. Serve right away.
- For variety, you may also use pumpernickel or sourdough bread as base.
- Thin slices of squash may also be added to the stacks. It is best to pre-cook the squash slices before using.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizers • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • Eggplant • Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta • Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!