Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta
- 12 slices large eggplant, ¼ to ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 slices tomato, ¼ to ½-inch thick
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, about ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of French loaf, about ½-inch thick, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Brush each side of eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange eggplant slices on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender and browned. Remove sheet from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Top each egg plant slice with 1 basil leaf, 1 tomato slice, 1 Swiss cheese slice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheeses begin to melt.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Using a pancake turner, carefully remove each eggplant stack from pan and set over a slice of bread. Top with parsley and drizzle with red wine vinegar. Serve right away.
- For variety, you may also use pumpernickel or sourdough bread as base.
- Thin slices of squash may also be added to the stacks. It is best to pre-cook the squash slices before using.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of May 4, 2016 10:37 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizers • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • Eggplant • Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta • Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!