- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1-¾ cups white granulated sugar, divided
- 8 ounces white mini marshmallows
- 14 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- Line a 9x10-inch pan with foil. Generously butter foil and set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks and ½ cup sugar until pale-colored and creamy. Set aside.
- Combine cream, butter and remaining sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan. Set pan over medium-high heat. Place a candy thermometer into pan. Cook mixture until it reaches soft ball stage (about 238°F).
- Reduce heat to low. Spoon some of the hot cream mixture into the beaten egg yolks while stirring to prevent it from curdling. Pour all of the egg yolk mixture into pan with the rest of the cream mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add mini marshmallows, white chocolate, bourbon, cognac, rum, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon into cream mixture. Stir until marshmallow and chocolates are completely melted. Remove pan from heat. Allow to cool until warm.
- Pour honey and water into a heat-proof bowl and microwave over high for 3 to 5 seconds until heated through. Stir to combine. Repeat for another 1 to 2 seconds to make sure honey is piping hot, but not bubbly.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually pour hot honey in a thin stream into egg whites, while beating continuously until stiff peaks form.
- Make sure that fudge is not too hot, but just warm to the touch, or else egg whites will “crack.” Fold egg whites into fudge mixture and spread evenly onto prepared pan.
- Tap pan against counter-top to release any air pockets. Allow to cool completely. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before cutting.
- For a kid-friendly version, replace real alcoholic drinks in the recipe with non-alcoholic flavorings or alternatives. (But since this may not produce real eggnog taste, I guess the kids would need to skip this candy altogether.)
Bestselling Fudge Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 10, 2016 8:13 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!