Easy Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1-½ cups vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- few drops red food color
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Combine together crushed vanilla wafer cookies, light brown sugar and melted butter in a food processor. Pulse until blended and texture is that of a coarse meal. Scrape food processor as need. Firmly press crust mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese over medium speed until light and creamy. Beat in sugar and strawberry extract. Set aside.
- Beat cream until light and fluffy. Fold into cream cheese mixture together with food color until well-blended and desired pinkish color is achieved. Spoon filling into chilled crust and smoothen top. Decorate top with strawberry slices. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight or up to two days for best results. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Another option for topping is to puree half of the strawberries with a little sugar to taste and pour over top of cake before chilling. Top with strawberry slices just before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Easy Strawberry Cheesecake • easy strawberry cheesecake recipe • Recipes • simple strawberry cheesecake • strawberries • strawberry • strawberry cheesecake recipes • strawberry cheesecakes • strawberry desserts • strawberry recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!