Easy Chocolate Fondue
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose cream
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine together chocolate and sugar in a fondue pot. Set aside.
- Heat cream in pan over medium heat. Allow to simmer for 1 minutes. Stir in half and half and continue cooking until heated through. Pour over chocolate and sugar in fondue pot. Let stand for 5. Stir in pieces of butter one by one until chocolate and butter are melted. Heat fondue pot, if needed to ensure a smooth mixture. Stir in red wine and rum extract.
- Keep fondue pot warm to keep chocolate from drying up.
- Fruit, bread pieces and cakes are the usual dippers for chocolate fondue, however, you may also try vegetables such as carrots and sweet peppers.
- For variety, you may replace red wine with Bailey’s Irish Cream or tea or coffee powder.
- Other types of flavors or liqueurs may also be used such as Kahlua or Torani soda flavors.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Chocolate Fondue • Chocolate Fondue recipe • Cookware and bakeware • Easy Chocolate Fondue • Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe • fondue • fondue recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!