Easy Black Forest Cake
- 15 ladyfingers
- 1-½ cups all-purpose cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2-½ tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) black cherries in heavy syrup, drained (reserve syrup)
- reserved cherry syrup
- 1/3 cup rum or kirsch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted) or chocolate graham crumbs (for garnish)
- 1 handful fresh cherries, pitted (for decoration)
- Line a 2-quart baking pan or loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing a portion to hang over the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Bring cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chopped dark and semi-sweet chocolates in a heat-proof bowl. Set aside until melted.
- Once chocolates are melted, stir mixture while adding condensed milk until smooth and glossy. Set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup coffee. Bring the rest to a boil. Stir dissolved gelatin into boiling coffee until completely dissolved. Stir into melted chocolate mixture. Set aside.
- Stir together reserved cherry syrup and rum or kirsch. Place in a shallow container or pie plate. Set aside.
- Whip cream and confectioners’ sugar until stiff and doubled in volume. Reserve ½ to 2/3 cup for decoration. Set aside.
- Cut ladyfinger cookies in half and trim to fin prepared pan. Dip cookies in dipping mixture and arrange a layer on the bottom of lined pan. Scatter ½ of the cherries over cookie layer and spread with ½ of the chocolate mixture. Spread ½ of the sweetened whipped cream over chocolate layer. Cover with another layer of ladyfingers dipped in the kirsch mixture. Repeat chocolate and whipped cream layers.
- Pipe reserved whipped cream over layers. Sprinkle top of cake with sifted cocoa powder or chocolate graham crumbs. Decorate with fresh cherries. Loosely fold overhanging plastic over cake and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight, until firm. Cut cake before serving.
- To easily remove cake from pan, wipe bottom and sides of pan with a cotton cloth dipped in hot water. Gently lift out cake using plastic overhang as “handles” and carefully set on a serving plate. Slice cake using a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • Black Forest • black forest cake recipes • black forest cakes • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Easy Black Forest Cake • easy black forest cake recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!