Easy Banana Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon banana essence
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup light cream
- 2/3 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and line a 9-inch round pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Combine together butter, sugar, vanilla, banana essence and egg. Whisk until combined. Stir in cream and bananas.
- Combine together flour and baking powder. Gradually stir into butter-banana mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and peel off baking paper. Allow to cool completely. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Frost the cake as desired, or serve by itself. Serve slices topped with ice cream and a cherry.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 16, 2017 4:00 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake • banana cake recipes • banana cakes • banana dessert recipes • banana desserts • banana recipes • Bananas and Plantains • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Easy Banana Cake • easy banana cake recipe • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!