Easy Apple Pie
- 2 pre-made (9 inches each) pie crusts, thaw if frozen
- 8 cups apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out 1 dough into a circle, about 12 inches in diameter. Place carefully on a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving about 1 inch to hang over the rim of pan. Prick crust bottom with fork tines. Chill until needed.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl.
- Combine together flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle over apple slices and toss until evenly coated. Pile coated apple slices into prepared bottom crust. Dot with diced butter.
- Roll out the other dough and place over filling. Trim any excess. Fold top crust under bottom crust. Flute or crimp to seal. Snip top crust with kitchen shears to create vents for steam. Brush top crust with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and loosely cover pie with foil. Continue baking for another 25 to 35 minutes. Remove foil cover during the last 10 minutes of baking. Test for doneness. Apple filling should be tender and crust should be golden brown.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. If desired, cool completely and chill before serving. This pie can be served warm or chilled.
- Make individual open-faced apple pies by using puff pastry cut into squares and place in muffin pans. Spoon apple filling into each “hole” and cover with your special crumb topping. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 25, 2016 8:10 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple desserts • apple pie • apple pie recipes • apple pies • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Easy Apple Pie • Easy Apple Pie Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!