Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (for sprinkling)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10-inch round cake pan with melted butter and line with baking paper. Brush paper with melted butter and sprinkle with light brown sugar. Tap out any excess.
- Beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each. Adjust speed to low and beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in apples. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool for another 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve cake while warm with ice cream or chilled whipped cream. You may also serve in individual plates pooled with fruit or berry coulis.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • easy apple cake • Easy Apple Cake Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!