Dutch Apple Cake Recipe
- 4 large baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8-inch wedges
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1-½ cups light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup corn oil
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10-inch tube pan with softened butter. Set aside.
- Combine together apple wedges, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple pie spice. Toss lightly to coat. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together light brown sugar and eggs until thick and pale-colored. Whisk in corn oil, peanut oil, vanilla and orange juice until well-combined.
- Make a well at the center of sifted dry ingredients. Pour in egg mixture. Stir with a fork until just moist.
- Reserve a few pieces of the tossed apple mixture for topping. Fold the rest into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Smoothen top and decorate with reserved apple slices. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of pan and turn cake out on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- To prevent top of cake from browning too much, you may loosely cover pan top with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking time.
- Serve each cake wedge in individual plates with whipped cream or fresh berries, drizzled with chocolate or caramel syrup.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake recipes • apple cakes • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • dutch apple cake • Dutch Apple Cake Recipe • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!