Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1-¾ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Coat bottom and sides of pan with more of cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine butter, dark chocolate chips and dark brown sugar in a heavy saucepan. Set over medium heat, stirring lightly until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cools slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and rum extracts.
- Combine together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in pan. Chill until cheesecake layer is ready.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not allow bottom of bowl touch the water. Stir until completely melted. Remove bowl from heat. Allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese over medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until mixture is smooth. Beat in honey and vanilla. Gradually pour all-purpose cream and sour cream into cream cheese mixture while beating. Gradually adjust speed to high and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over cooled brownie layer, spreading evenly. Chill cake at least 3 to 4 hours. Remove sides of pan and transfer cake onto a serving platter. Drizzle top of cake with melted white chocolate. Chill for another 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into wedges before serving.
- Warm some fruit-flavored sauce or fudge sauce and spoon over each wedge of cake before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • Chocolate • chocolate cheesecake • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Double Chocolate Cheesecake
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!