Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 20 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted AND/OR
- ¾ cup almonds, light toasted and finely chopped
- Pour cream in a pan and set over medium heat until heated through, and just about to boil, but not boiling. Place chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Gradually pour hot cream over chocolate and set aside for at least 15 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth. If the chocolate had not melted all the way, you can place the bowl in a microwave and heat for a few seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, and then chill for at least 4 hours, or preferably, overnight. Once ganache is firm, scoop with a melon baller or use your hands to shape ganache into balls. Make sure to dust your hands with a little cocoa powder to keep the balls from sticking to your hands.
- Immediately roll balls in cocoa powder or chopped nuts and arrange in a wax paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes, and then serve.
- You may choose to coat ganache in melted chocolate, first, and then roll in cocoa or chopped nuts. Sifted confectioners’ sugar sifted with ground cinnamon would also make a good coating.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Chocolate • chocolate desserts • chocolate recipes • dark chocolate • dark chocolate candy • dark chocolate desserts • dark chocolate recipes • Dark Chocolate Truffles • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes • Truffle • truffle recipes • truffles
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!