Dark Chocolate French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- Pinch of salt
- 12 slices white bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water or as needed
- Whisk eggs until frothy and pale in color. Gently whisk in cream, milk, vanilla, rum extract and salt. Set aside.
- Brush a non-stick skillet with butter and place over medium-low heat until hot.
- Lightly brush one side of sliced bread with butter. Generously sprinkle buttered side with chopped chocolate. Cover with another slice of bread, buttered side down. Press gently to seal. Dip “sandwich” into beaten egg mixture. Transfer dipped “sandwich” onto pan and toast for about 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and crisp. Flip “sandwich” and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place toasts in a heat-proof dish and keep warm in a low oven.
- Combine chocolate, butter and honey in a pan. Set over low heat, stirring until melted. Thin down sauce with water, according to desired consistency.
- Slice each “sandwich” diagonally into triangles. Place one to two toasted triangles on a place and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve warm.
- Pipe some whipped cream over each serving and top with fresh berries or fruit slices before drizzling chocolate sauce on over cream and fruit.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: breakfast • breakfast recipes • brunch • brunch recipes • Chocolate • chocolate french toast • chocolate recipes • dark chocolate • Dark Chocolate French Toast • dark chocolate recipes • french toast • french toast recipes • recipes for french toast
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!