Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1-¾ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, sifted and packed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (three 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Stir in melted butter until well-blended. Press onto the bottom and about 1-½ inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set pan aside. Chill, if desired.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cream, condensed milk, vanilla, rum extract and salt. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a pan over low heat, stirring until completely melted. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1-¼ cups cream cheese mixture into melted chocolate. Measure about 2-¼ ups of this mixture and spread over prepared crust.
- To the remaining chocolate mixture, add 2 more cups of plain cream cheese mixture and mix well. This mixture should be lighter in color than the first layer. Spread over dark chocolate layer and smoothen. Spoon remaining plain cream cheese mixture over second layer, spreading it evenly.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center of cake is nearly set but still slightly wiggly. Remove pan from oven. Run a knife along the edges of pan to loosen cheesecake. Remove pan sides. Place cake, still atop pan bottom, over a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cheesecake is cooled, whip cream with confectioners’ sugar until doubled in volume. Pipe into a ring of rosettes along the edges of cake top.
- Combine dark chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-proof bowl. Melt on high for 15 to 20 seconds. Stir. If chocolate chips still retain their shape, microwave again for another 3 to 5-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Allow to cool slightly and drizzle over cheesecake and cream topping. Chill cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before cutting and serving.
- Replace cocoa in crust with melted chocolate, reducing butter quantity to ¼ cup. Sprinkle coarsely chopped milk chocolate over each layer before adding the next layer. Sprinkle top of batter with toasted, chopped pecans, if desired and omit topping. Or, spoon warmed cherry or raspberry jam over cake top. Serve with whipped cream on the side.
Bestselling Kindle Cookbooks for Sweets on Amazon
Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, and Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth Fix
Named by Huffington Post as one of the “Top 10 Food Blogs to Watch” in 2013, Sally’s Baking Addiction has skyrocketed in popularity since its inception in late 2011. Ba... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Cake • Cheesecake • cheesecakes • Chocolate • Cream cheese • dark chocolate • dark chocolate cakes • Dark Chocolate Cheesecake • dark chocolate cheesecakes • dark chocolate desserts • Dessert • Desserts
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!