Curried Chickpea Canapés
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) cooked chickpeas, well-drained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or according to taste)
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped + extra for garnishing
- 10 slices white or rye bread, toasted (trim crusts if desired)
- Combine together drained chickpeas and curry powder in a food processor. Pulse until crushed and blended. Add sour cream, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Process for another 1 to 2 minutes or until texture is smooth. Stir in oregano, sage, cumin and coriander leaves. Set aside.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 squares. Place about 1 teaspoon chickpea mixture over each square and garnish with torn fresh coriander leaves. Arrange on a serving plate or platter and serve.
- You can also add chopped radish or watercress to the chickpea mixture. Add them into the food processor for easy mixing. Other herbs or spices of your choice can also be used as replacement for those included in the recipe. Chickpeas do not have their own distinctive flavor, therefore, you can customize the taste of this recipe as you prefer. Sour cream can be replaced with softened cream cheese or plain chilled cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • canape • canape recipes • canapes • Chickpea • Curried Chickpea Canapés • Curried Chickpea Canapés Recipe • Curry • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!