Cucumber and Tomato Crostini
- 2 cups large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh ripe mango, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 48 slices white bread
- olive oil for brushing
- rocket leaves, picked and chilled
- prepared mustard
- pickle chips, drained
- Combine together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano and basil. Toss lightly until combined.
- Stir together balsamic vinegar, white sugar, olive oil and any mango juice drained from fresh mango on a screw-topped jar. Shake until combined. Pour over tossed vegetables. Marinade for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Trim crusts from breads slices and brush with olive oil. Grill until lightly browned and crispy. Pile rocket leaves over one bread slice.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove vegetables from marinade. Spoon over prepared bread slices. Drizzle with prepared mustard and cover with another slice of bread. Press down lightly. Slice each sandwich diagonally into four and serve skewered with party toothpicks topped with a pickle chip. Serve immediately.
- You may also use sourdough or rye bread for crostini or any other type of crusty bread.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • crostini • crostini recipes • cucumber • Cucumber and Tomato Crostini • Cucumber and Tomato Crostini Recipe • cucumber appetizers • cucumber recipes • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Tomato • tomato appetizers • tomato recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!