Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, skinless and deboned
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed (should have the same texture as the breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Lightly score chicken tenders with a sharp knife. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°f. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil. Brush foil with melted butter or coat with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and remaining fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- In other bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs, cracker crumbs, salt, ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the mayonnaise mixture. Brush off any excess. Dredge in breadcrumb-cracker mixture, until completely covered. Place into the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tenders are done and juices run clear. Using a pair of tongs, transfer baked chicken tenders onto individual plates. Drizzle with addition fresh lemon juice, if desired. Serve while still hot.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- This recipe can be served with a salad, buttered vegetables or marinated mushrooms.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baked chicken • baked chicken recipes • Chicken • chicken dinner recipes • chicken recipes • Crispy Oven Baked Chicken • Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe • dinner • dinner recipes • Poultry • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!