- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 2/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 48 pieces medium-sized shrimps, cooked, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Combine together all spices and sift to mix well. Divide into two equal portions. Set aside.
- Mix together tomato ketchup, onion, bell pepper, celery, tabasco sauce (if using) and half the Creole seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk together softened cream cheese and remaining Creole seasoning. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a medium-sized plain round tip.
- Pipe seasoned cream cheese on each cucumber round. Top with 1 to 2 shrimps, depending on actual size. (Shrimps may need to be cut in two.) Spoon vegetable salsa over shrimps and serve.
- If piping bag is not available, spoon seasoned cream cheese in a heavy-duty bag. Snip off a corner and use to pipe cream cheese onto cucumber rounds.
- Cream cheese can also be replaced with mayonnaise or sour cream, or even bottled Caesar or thousand island dressing.
- Cucumber rounds may be replaced with saltine or Ritz crackers.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers and snacks • Cajun • canape • canape recipes. appetizers • canapes • Creole Canapés • Creole Canapés Recipe • Louisiana • Louisiana Creole cuisine • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!