Cranberry Brie Pinwheels
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup cranberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Brie cheese, softened
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- Cook together cranberries, cranberry preserves, honey, water, sugar and cinnamon in a pan over medium heat. Stir until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry. Spread with softened Brie all the way to the edges. Spread half of the cranberry mixture over Brie layer and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Roll up from the long side of the dough, like a jelly roll. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet and filling. Wrap rolled up dough in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours or until filling is set.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with waxed or baking paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap rolls of dough. Using a serrated knife, but each log into 1-inch rounds or pinwheels. Arrange pinwheels over prepared baking sheet, flat-side down and about 2 inches or so apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry are golden and puffed up.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow pinwheels to cool in pan for 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer pinwheels on wire racks and allow to cool further. Serve either warm or at room temperature.
- For a no-bake version, use flour tortillas or slices of white bread roll out with a rolling pin. Microwave pinwheels to warm.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • appetizers • Berries • Brie • Cranberries • Cranberry Brie Pinwheels • Cranberry Brie Pinwheels Recipe • Fruits and Vegetables • pinwheel • pinwheel recipes • pinwheels • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!