Coffee Toffee Ice Cream
This ice cream combines the rich, savory flavor of coffee, with sweet vanilla ice cream and bite sized bits of toffee that enhance the coffee’s flavor.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 8oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup decaffeinated coffee beans, any brand or flavor will work but flavored will alter the ice cream’s taste
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla flavoring
- 6 large egg yolks, beaten until creamy
- ¼ teaspoon instant coffee, must be completely ground
- 1 cup toffee bits (found in your baker’s section of most grocery stores)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, milk, sweetened condensed milk, decaf coffee beans, salt and vanilla extract. Allow to cook until soft bubbles form around the edges, usually around 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain off ½ cup of the cream liquid without the beans; set aside. Cover the remaining cream mixture, coffee beans still included, with a lid and allow it to sit at room temperature for one hour.
- This allows the flavor to seep from the coffee beans into the cream. Pour the 1 cup of cream you separated very slowly into the egg yolks, beating continuously to avoid the eggs from cooking. Then, once the cream has seemed in the coffee bean flavor, whisk the egg mixture back into the remaining cream.
- Place the cream mixture back on low heat, simmering for about ten minutes. Be sure to keep stirring it to avoid burning it. Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove lumps and the coffee beans.
- Use a wooden spoon to press the coffee beans against the strainer to remove all of the liquid. Pour the remaining cream mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in the instant coffee. Refrigerate overnight. Pour into the center of your ice cream maker and follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to complete the churning process.
- Five minutes before the ice cream is completed, stir in the 1 cup of toffee bits and enjoy!
- If you do not have coffee beans, substitute the beans with ¾ cup instant decaffeinated coffee.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Coffee Toffee Ice Cream • Coffee Toffee Ice Cream Recipe • Dessert • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Other Desserts • Recipes • Toffee
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!