Cod Fillet Sandwiches
- 2 pieces (6 to 7 ounces each) cod fillets, skinned and deboned
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons saltine cracker crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
- 2 pieces ciabatta, split horizontally and lightly toasted
- 1/3 to ½ cup tartar sauce
- 1 large, ripe tomato, sliced crosswise into thin rounds
- 2/3 cup mixed baby greens or crisp lettuce leaves
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Wash cod fillets in running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together milk and sour cream. Set aside.
- Drizzle lemon juice over cod fillets and season with salt and pepper. Soak into milk-sour cream mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, turning fillets once about halfway through marinating period.
- Combine together flour, cracker crumbs or bread crumbs.
- Drain cod fillets well. Discard milk mixture. Roll fillets in flour-cracker crumbs and fry in a non-stick skillet with canola oil. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the lower half of ciabatta on a plate or flat work surface. Spread with ¼ of the tartar sauce. Arrange slices of tomatoes over tartar sauce and top with baby greens. Arrange onion rings over greens, and place a fried cod fillet over vegetables. Spread another ¼ of the tartar sauce on cut side of upper half of ciabatta and place over fried fillet. Press gently until sandwich adheres slightly to filling. Secure with toothpicks, and slice diagonally crosswise, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- You can use store-bought tartar sauce, or use your homemade recipe. You may also option to drizzle cod fillet with mustard before covering with top half of bread. Serve with your preferred green smoothie for a power-packed breakfast or lunch.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: cod • cod fillet • cod fillet recipes • Cod Fillet Sandwiches • Cod Fillet Sandwiches Recipe • cod recipes • dinner • dinner recipes • fish • Fish and Seafood • fish recipes • Recipes • Sandwiches
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!