Coconut Pecan Cookies
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup coconut flakes, loosely packed
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- 2/3 to 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, finely grated
- Beat together light brown sugar, white sugar and butter over medium-low speed until well-blended, about 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium and continue beating mixture for another 3 to 4 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs one at a time into the butter mixture, making sure to beat for a minute longer, after adding each egg. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Divide flour into three equal portions. Sift over butter mixture, a portion at a time and beat for 1 to 2 minutes to fully incorporate, before adding the next portion. Fold in coconut flakes and pecans.
- Divide batter into two equal portions. Wrap each portion sheet of plastic. Using plastic wrap as guide, form each portion of batter into a log, about 1 inch in diameter. Chill overnight until firm.
- Once dough is ready, preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap dough by the portion. Cut each log of dough into ½-inch thick slices.
- Combine together granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll each slice of dough into sugar mixture and arrange onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes per batch, or until golden. Remove cookie sheets from oven. Allow cookies to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.
- If desired, omit coconut flakes and ingredients for rolling. Instead, roll dough slices on finely grated toasted coconut.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • Coconut • coconut cookie recipes • coconut cookies • Coconut Pecan Cookies • Coconut Pecan Cookies Recipe. pecan cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pecan • pecan cookie recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!