Coconut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium-sized egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut liqueur
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine together flour, baking soda and salt. Sift once and set aside.
- Cream together butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar over medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and coconut liqueur. Continue beating until well-combined, scraping down the sides of bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add sifted flour mixture by spoonfuls while beating, until incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in flaked coconut. Cover bowl and chill at least 4 hours, preferably, overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper or waxed paper.
- Drop batter by tablespoons over baking paper, leaving about 2- to 3-inch spaces between each mound of batter. Place one cookie sheet on middle rack and bake for 7 to 8 minutes for soft, chewy cookies, until centers are lightly browned. For crispy cookies, bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- You may reduce coconut flakes to ¾ cup and add ½ cup finely chopped nuts to the batter for variation.
- To make the recipe more kid-friendly, omit coconut liqueur and replace with ½ teaspoon coconut extract. Freezing batter, instead of just chilling it, would yield flakier cookies.
Bestselling Cookies on Amazon
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, 22-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix is an easy-to-use mix that makes chocolate chip cookies that are soft on the inside and have a delicate crisp on the outsi... read more →
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!