Cinnamon Apple Cake
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2-¼ self-rising flour, sifted
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 baking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 to 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 9-inch round cake pan. Dust with flour.
- Combine together sugar, flour, butter, apples, cinnamon and salt. Toss lightly to combine. Whisk egg until frothy and pale. Whisk in milk until combined. Add flour-apple mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange apple wedges over batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Brush with softened butter.
- Combine together sugar and cinnamon. Sift over cake right after brushing with butter.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pan. Chill for 1 to 2 hours, if desired. Transfer cake on a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve cake with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- If desired, add ½ teaspoon apple pie spice to cake mixture before baking. Grated nutmeg may also be used.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple cinnamon cake • apple dessert • apple dessert recipe • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • Cakes • Cinnamon • Cinnamon Apple Cake • Cooking • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!